WARNING: THIS IS AN UBER LONG POST!!!!
Annnnnd we're off....
Last June or July we met this couple the DeHaven's, it was such a divine connection! They are some of the most humble, real, down to earth, blessed and highly favored people!!! Meeting them led to getting invited to come out to Palm Desert, CA to speak at their business function. We felt totally honored. It was an amazing experience and we had SO MUCH FUN!!!
So here is our "Casita" that we spent the first part of our trip in. We were completely stoked when we walked into our "room" that the Dehaven's hooked us up with! It was So private! We had a private entrance to our casita/bungalow/villa (whatever you want to call it) which led to french doors that took you inside. I can not even begin to describe how beautiful it was and how ridiculous the view was! We had our own private hot tub and courtyard. It had 2 fireplaces one being in the living room and the other was two sided in the master bed and bath. The weather there was so crisp and chilly desert air so we would open the french doors and have the fireplace going...heaven. :) It was a dream to be there with my one and only!!! We then moved to the JW Marriott to switch it up for the last part of our trip.
Hot Tub at night under the stars...Gorgeous!
We enjoyed breakfast on our balcony every morning Aaaaaand did i mention i saw the sunrise every morning?!??? I know complete shocker! I love being on east coast time in the west coast I actually felt like a morning person! :)
One of my favorite parts of our trip was going horseback through the indian reservations and canyons. I had not ridden in oh so long and I enjoyed EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT! My husband is the Greatest! He went on this ride even though he is SO allergic to hay!!! It breaks him out in whelps every time. :( So sad because he really does love to ride. We got back just in the nick of time for him to take a shower and get all the "junk" off before he flared up too bad. We adventured through some of the most breathtaking landscape! The weather was perfect, slight chill in the air so when the sun was beaming down on you it wasn't too hot. Loved our horses! Horses are God's perfect animal creation i believe!
We ate lots of amazing food but, this had to be my favorite. We went to a Restaurant called Roy's. I had gone before in Hawaii so when I saw it there I was stoked! I had Butterfish and it just MELTS in your mouth, Drew enjoyed a filet (he's predictable everytime) , and we shared a made to order Chocolate Souffle'. Ahhhhhhmazing!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Palm Desert, California
Posted by A & S at 9:10 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Steph, these photos all look amazing! I had just now gotten a chance to check this blog spot out, and it is awesome! Love the main pic and the name of the blog. Too cute all around. We will be seeing you guys soon !
Post a Comment