Thursday, February 18, 2010

The FULL story just for...Amanda!

It was Thursday, January 7th, We had just gotten back from Palm Springs the night before. I woke up and had a gut feeling that I needed to take a pregnancy test. Andrew's sister and her family were still at our house staying so, we played in bed with Hudson and Lila for a bit (all the while taking a pregnancy test was running through my mind like CRAZY, little did Andrew know!). I was busting at the seems wanting to share my inkling with Andrew's sister, Becky, but, decided to surprise everyone if it was true. I got ready and headed out to run some "errands" and off I went to the pharmacy. I went straight to mom and dad's ran in the house, Andrew was eating lunch with my parents (and STILL has NO idea what i'm up to). I bolt straight to the bathroom, do the stick and am patiently reading the directions to make sure I did it right (kind of backwards, i know), I happened to glance up totally thinking it was not ready yet and totally thinking it would say "not pregnant" but instead...it said "PREGNANT". Holy WOW! I literally went to my knees going, "Oh Jesus" "Oh Jesus" " Oh Jesus" because I was in TOTAL AND COMPLETE SHOCK!!!!!! Then I start screaming for Andrew to come in the bathroom and OF COURSE he does not hear me. So me still being in complete shock I run out to the kitchen and literally pelt the stick at him and say " this is for you" (now this is totally not how i always imagined telling Andrew one day, it just kind of...happened). Now he has the stick in his hands, mom and dad are staring at him then me, then him then me, they realize what is happening and start screaming, I start crying and Andrew went from SHOCK to a HUGE smile and giving me a GIANT hug and kiss ( I think his heart was beating a million beats per second)! He said it took him a few seconds for him to register what I pelted at him, and then a few more seconds for it to register what it said. HA! Sydnie had gotten in trouble and was sent to her room before I came out so she missed the initial announcement, but she was one totally fired up 9 year old aunt when she found out!!!! She had huge alligator tears pouring down her face. I will NEVER forget this day!!! Now it totally made sense why I was so HUNGRY all the time! :)



2 comments:

Becky said...

The fact that you have the "stick" in your hands is hilarious. I love your parents faces in that picture. Your family is the best, and with Baby Tidwell, it'll just keep getting better and better!

Sara Morgan said...

This is so awesome it made me cry! I totally could see you guy's so many feelings all at once! What a wonderful blessing!